Friday, August 12, 2011

*An OSG Original* Mad Chicken Photoshoot! July 2011

Several months ago, I received a little love note on Facebook from Taci at Pish Posh Styling, about how much she loved our stuff, and that Jes from Mad Chicken Studio said that she should check us out.  Flattered, YES... But I had yet to know who Jes was!  Somehow (thankfully) she discovered my humble little rentals.  After a little email convo back and forth, the 3 of us met over some grub and discussed Jes's ideas behind her 2nd annual mock wedding photoshoot.

Plans were made, location was selected and the date was set and only a few short months later the event panned out, and really exceeded my expectations.  I was very fortunate to be given some create control on the styling of the table scapes and the dessert hutch, which is always fun for me!

The vendors involved were:

Fabulous Couple: Eric and Anna (real life sweeties)
Location: Hot Sam's Antique's
Furniture/Detail styling and Rentals: Yours Truly :)
Photographer: Jes Hayes @ Mad Chicken Studio
Styling of Bride/Groom and additional details: Taci Pahl @ Pish Posh Styling
Treats, Cakes and Desserts: Joe and Laurie @ Cocoa & Fig
Floral Arrangements, boquets and boutonierres: Angela Stocke @ Angela's Bella Flora
Makeup: Derick Cich @ Derick Cich Makeup Artistry
Hair: Kara Gapske @ Elysium Salon
Stationery: Carolyn Kozlowski

Below are some of my favorite shots of the settings and the couple of course!




Lemon Drops were and easy way to tie in all the colors, but save a little dough on flowers :)
Plus they are yummy and playful!



I just LOVED making the little "boy" and "girl" garlands.  I think the paper people probably thought it was for a baby shower, but no way!  Jes took these home later, cause that's what she and her hubby call each other (everyone say awww!)


I LOVE how she used our typewriter to photograph the rings!  If you look closely, Eric and Anna's first initial is in the shot too!  So Charming!


I absolutely adore this chair!  And so did Jes!  She was able to capture it in several photos!



Hot Sam's Antiques made the per setting for our shoot.  The enormous sunflower is a tribute to "Hot Sam" herself made by her son, who now runs the store with his long time gal pal.  They were so humble and happy to share the spot with us.


Who knew I could like the font on the side of my books so much!


I found these perfect little glasses, and Laurie at Cocoa & Fig whipped up a strawberry pudding to put in them!  Joe (her hubby) loved the idea of wrapping them with my pink and white baker's twine!  Just a darling little touch.


Cocoa & Fig supplied all the yummy desserts (yes, we got to each them at the end of the shoot) and many of the unique and beautiful cake stands!  They are looked so perfect on our hutch, "sprinkled" with some more of our small accessories.


I spent a few weeks prior to the shoot deciding if I wanted to do clear containers or silver, and I am very pleased with my decision.  I decided to take clear containers (less serious and a little more whimsical) and stack them upside down, right side up and anyway possible.  I put saucers between them and filled some spaces with lemon drops.  Each place setting had the mint trays, clear glass plates and flour sack napkins that I personally stamped with a heart!  I hope to grab a photo of those from Jes soon!





YUM! YUM! YUM!


Jes made the comment that even the "sweat" on the lemonade container looked perfect!






Taci made the darling little banner that stood proudly atop my settings!  What a good team we made :)


Carolyn's Stationery REALLY topped everything off!  She hand calligraphied the envelopes and each place setting card.  VERY talented, she is.


I think this was my one cake stand, but it held my most favorite dessert of all....Yummy dipped Rice Crispie Treats!


Even my antique linens look darling as a backdrop to the groom's bow tie!


To see ALL the photos posted by Jes, visit her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment